I've rewritten my blog's template, from 2-columns to 3-columns. Everything isn't yet flowing 100%; I'm still fixing some of the bugs (an unfortunate consequence of using Cascading Style Sheets [CSS] for style and appearance). Hopefully I will have it all working smoothly by tomorrow morning at the latest.UPDATE: 3/24/05 1:39 am
- Well, I finished tweaking with my blog. Everything appears to be working quite smoothly, with the following exception: due to the inconsistent implementation of the CSS standard by the three major browsers (IE, Netscape/Firefox, and Opera), this blog only appears exactly right in Internet Explorer (preferably version 6.0+).
I had to choose between the three, and since something like 85% or more of my traffic comes via Internet Explorer, I have chosen to cater to the majority. Sorry to all you "rebels" out there; I sympathize, as Firefox is my favorite web browser.
Please let me know if any IE users experience any kind of problems; everything should look and flow quite "fluidly", so if it doesn't I'd like to know, so I can correct the problem. I may make a few more "minor" adjustments, like adding a script to detect what browser the user has, and then trying to taylor the CSS dynamically to fit each individual. We'll see. Hope everyone likes the new look, I know I'm pleased with it.
POSTED BY THE GENERAL AT 9:51 AM